Rise to the TASK
Hightstown, NJ July 2013 - Present
Rise, a community service partnership in conjunction with the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen (TASK) and a couple Hightstown churches, work together to provide weekly community dinners to patrons regardless of income level. Assistance includes: set up tables, chairs and other items; unload food from delivery van; clean tables, put away tables and chairs, dry-mop, take out trash or recycling; design print materials as needed for announcements, information, etc.
New Jersey Envirothon
Website Design February 2014 - Present
In early 2014, the director of the New Jersey Agricultural Society connected me with the New Jersey Envirothon, a hands-on environmental problem solving competition for high school students. The NJ Envirothon had an older, Microsoft Front Page website which was outdated. After they began the move to a Weebly website, they ran into issues and needed assistance. What I thought would be a brief meeting and some light assistance turned into several meetings with their dedicated volunteers and a completely redesigned website. I added my own custom coded HTML/PHP forms to greatly improve their registration process. I continue to help them maintain their website to this day.
East Windsor Senior Center
East Windsor, NJ October 2019 - Present
Provide one-on-one half-hour scheduled appointments to assist seniors with their Android smartphones approximately once per month.
New Jersey Agricultural Society
Volunteer Gleaning July 2013 - 2014
Farmers Against Hunger (FAH), a program of the New Jersey Agricultural Society (NJAS), maintains relationships with farms all over New Jersey as well as food banks & pantries, soup kitchens and a pool of volunteer "gleaners." When a farm has crops it cannot use or otherwise plans to donate, FAH coordinates a small group of volunteers to glean the excess crops which are trucked by FAH to food banks, food pantries, soup kitchens and other organizations across the state. In addition to picking a large variety of fruits & vegetables I have: assisted loading/unloading pallets of produce; navigate & assist delivery of topsoil & garden supplies to schools around NJ as part of their Learning Through Gardening Program; stuffing envelopes for mass mailings; assist driver to or from the truck repair shop in Hightstown.
Hamilton, NJ August 2013 - March 2016
Volunteer 1-2 hours every other Thursday evening between 6:00pm and 9:00pm cleaning and replenishing cat cages, socializing with each cat and cleaning the adoption room at the PetSmart in Hamilton Marketplace.
Hightstown, NJ July & August, 2013, 2014 & 2019
Volunteer a few hours each day, Mondays & Wednesdays, at a 5‑week summer basketball camp for local area kids at the First United Methodist Church of Hightstown. Assist coaches during the camp; help out with set up, clean up, graphic/print material, etc.
Firman E. Bear Chapter SWCS
New Jersey December 2019
Design new Weebly website.
Camden County Soil Conservation District
West Berlin, NJ July 2017 - Present
Design and maintain new Weebly website to replace older, outdated website. Heavily customized responsive design template with some custom programming. Design new logo.
Burlington County Soil Conservation District
Columbus, NJ June - August 2016
Transfer older, outdated website to Weebly website using moderately customized responsive design template with content maintained by district employees.
Giamarese Farm & Orchards
East Brunswick, NJ September 2014 - October 2018
I began at Giamarese Farm on the recommendation of a farm employee who also drives for the New Jersey Agricultural Society. (I would assist him on occasion while volunteering for the Farmers Against Hunger program.) My first day was Wednesday, September 10, less than a week before the start of their Fall Weekday Educational Tours and a few weeks before the start of their busy fall harvest. With only a few hours training, minimal resources and a non functioning website, I set up a brand new Weebly website which was live by Saturday, September 13. Within weeks, I introduced a moderate amount of automation & accuracy to their mostly manual and error prone School Tour reservation process. By mid October, reservations were largely automated. Subsequent responsibilities and achievements include:
- Upgrade basic AT&T GoPhone to Google Voice/Project Fi on Android mobile phone, tablet and Windows 10 laptop.
- Sync documents with Windows OneDrive, Google Drive and other online platforms.
- Develop, maintain and improve online database for the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program and Fall Educational Tours. Maintain Weekday Fall Educational Tour calendar and process tour reservation requests.
- Assess existing technology and implement new technology to improve interaction with customers & staff; improve efficiency of working for the farm remotely. Maintain website, domain name, hosting.
- Streamline efficiency, security and liability of CSA member sign up with online sign up & custom coded PayPal buttons.
- Maintain & sync account logins (usernames & passwords) with cloud-synced password manager.
- Maintain relations with weekly CSA members in person and through email and our MailChimp newsletter.
- Customer service for customers via phone, voicemail, text message, email, social media, MailChimp newsletter.
- Quality photography for website, social media, newsletter and other marketing needs.
- Graphic design for coupons, print materials. Advertising and various social media platforms.
Voices of September 11th
New Brunswick, NJ August 2009 - September 2011
Content Management, Graphic Design, Web Development, Office Assistance, Technical Support
- Digitize, backup, archive, restore, edit, optimize, organize and output digital content.
- Maintain computers, flatbed & feeder scanning equipment and digital camera.
- Coordinate remotely with Connecticut-based archivists, graphic designer and IT staff to establish or refine standards, procedures and technologies, recommend & assist with upgrades to office server.
- Occasional interaction with clients in person, via phone or email.
- Make regular, insightful suggestions for the continual improvement of the agency's database including accuracy, intuitiveness, data integrity and work flow.
- Train all new staff, interns and volunteers on computer systems, equipment, procedures and similar.
- Provide basic technical support to office staff including computer systems, database, software and printers. Coordinate remotely with Connecticut-based technical support team.
- Assist with supervision of interns & volunteers from various backgrounds. Provide support as needed for their projects.
- Prepare for appointments, meetings and events (arrange furniture, set up equipment, order food).
- Assist with basic office chores such as answering phones, ordering supplies, clean up and more.
Hallmark Marketing Corporation
Hamilton, NJ March 2009 - November 2009
- Maintain approximately 100 feet of display space for greeting cards, gift wrap, bows, ribbons, gift bags and other merchandise for Hallmark in each of two stores (BJ's Wholesale Club and Kohl's)
- Clean up, track, restock and reorder card pockets and other merchandise displays and operate inventory scanner
- Set up / take down seasonal and holiday displays, fill in with flex stock between seasons and holidays
- Help regional manager with store resets in other locations as needed
David Burnett & Associates
Pennington, NJ October 2007 - August 2008
Online Survey Design and Programming
- Learn marketing programming language CfMC (Computers for Marketing Corporation).
- Assess paper mock-ups of new surveys, redesign or update existing client surveys for reuse.
Web Development & Programming
- Regular Expressions, PHP, .htaccess, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
- Domain name registration & hosting; Weebly Website Builder with custom coding
- Zoho Creator database design with custom programming
- PayPal Buttons, PayPal Here, Square Payments
Google Office Suite, Apps & Products
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings
- Gmail, Calendar, Photos, Keep
- Google Voice, Hangouts, Project Fi, Android Phone & Tablet Interface
- OneDrive, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excel - Formatting, conditional formatting, formulas, macros (Visual Basic), other advanced features
Social Media & Communications
- Twitter; Pinterest; Flickr; Facebook business pages and advertising; MailChimp Email Newsletters
The College of New Jersey
Ewing, NJ 1999 - 2002
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
Mercer County Community College
West Windsor, NJ 1996 - 1999
Associate's Degree in Advertising